- Mac OSX 10.4.2 or higher;
- ExifTool. You can download ExifTool for Mac OS at the url ExifTool Page
- (Optional, use it if your photos are stored out of iphoto library folder) resolveAlias perl script. Download version 1.1 at resolveAlias Download Link
- Java Virtual Machine.You need also a Java Virtual Machine installed on your MAC: Sun Java Home Page. Probably you have already a java VM installed on your MAC;
- IphotoToIPTC (this tool). Download version 2 at IPhotoToIPTC Download Link
Please report any bugs or suggestions.
Simply unzip IPhotoToIPTC.zip in a MyFolder folder and from a shell type:
java -jar MyFolder/IPhotoToIPTC/Iphoto09ToIPTC.jar
or right click on the jar file and Open With Jar Launcher
When the java frame is open, open the Iphoto Library and enjoy it!!!
STEP 1: Install ExifTool and verify you have correctly installed a Java Virtual Machine
STEP2: Copy resolveAlias script in your /usr/bin folder.
Example: Open a terminal, and if you have downloaded resolveAlias in Downloads:
chmod +x resolveAlias
sudo cp resolveAlias /usr/bin (osx will prompt for password)
Step 5: Customize your settings. If you use external files, check the 'Use External Files' box.
Choose backup dir (not mandatory), year to process. The checkbox 'process only empty tags' is useful if you don't wont to process images already tagged (that you know have not been modified). Use it for a faster use.
If you like my tool please consider a donation !!!